During the renovations, the workers discovered a hidden room in this room. The space corresponds to a toilet and a lingerie. Like George Richard Renfrew, the tartan woven on the wall represents Scottish clans.
In this type of room
The Renfrew Suite, inspired by Richard Renfrew, founder of the Holt Renfrew retailers, offers both luxury and modernity. Equipped with an antique décor fireplace, Italian shower and Jacuzzi on a private patio available year-round, the Renfrew Suite is perfect for travelers looking for more than just a room.
- King sized wrought iron bed
- Vintage loveseat
- Ambient electric fireplace
- Italian chromotherapeutic rain shower
- Work desk and reading chair
- Private outdoor cedar patio with heated floor and Jacuzzi tub
Included in every room
- Nespresso Coffee Machine
- High-speed wireless internet access
- À la carte breakfast at Brasserie Française Chez Jules (complimentary only if room reservation was made directly through the property, otherwise $)
- Ultra-silent individually-controlled air conditioner
- Flat screen television set
- In-room hairdryer
- 100% cotton towels
- Clock-radio with ipod dock
- Umbrella, upon request
- Vintage handcrafted furniture, work desk and reading chair
- Soundproofed windows
George Richard Renfrew
In 1852, George Richard Renfrew teamed up with a Montreal businessman to create stores that eventually became Holt Renfrew. He lived in the English section of Auberge Place d'Armes from 1875 until the end of the 1800s. Since his shop was on Buade Street, he had a passage built from the Auberge to Buade Street.